Security Measures and Tips
- Do not fold banknotes.
- Do not staple banknotes.
- Always handle banknotes with clean and dry hands.
- Avoid writing anything on banknotes. Keep the watermark always clear.
- Never take help from stranger at ATM or Branch cash counters.
Cheque Book Safety Measures
Tips To Keep Your Cheque book safe:
- Record all details of cheques issued.
- Keep Cheque book at a secure place. Do not leave your Cheque book unattended.
- Whenever you receive your Cheque book, please count the number of cheque leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
Tips to fill a cheque leaf correctly:
- Do not sign blank cheques. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
- Always write complete and clear details like payee name, amount in words and figure, date, etc. Extra space should be crossed.
- Always use your own pen and don’t leave gaps when writing cheques.
- Cheque should preferably be crossed (account payee) and ‘Bearer’ should be cut.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write "CANCEL" across the face of the cheque.
- Always draw a line through any unused space.
- Avoid using cheques with changes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.